söndag, januari 05, 2014

52 Ancestors: #1

Week # 1 Johan August Johansson

 
Amy Johnson Crow:  "No Story Too Small"
have sett up a challenge: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.

"
The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor.
It could be a story, a biography, a photograph,
an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor.
Not only should this get me blogging more,
but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree."

 
 
This is my attempt to participate in the challenge.
I do not know how it will go but it's a nice way to present the ancestors, thanks Amy!

 
#1 is about My grandmother Judith`s brother:
 
Johan August, born in Borås, Västergötland, Sweden
November 14, 1867
Father Johannes Svensson and mother Johanna Jansdotter
Mother Johanna died in April 1876 and the father was married in November1877 to Christina Wilhelmina Larsdotter.
Johan August had two siblings: Emil, born 1865 and Jennie Amalia, born 1874.

Emil emigrated to America in 1882. He married Louise Sipress and they had two daughters.
Jennie Amalia emigrated together with Johan August in June 1891.
They  came to South Bend..
Jennie Amalia married Andrew Chilberg, they had three Children and lived all the time in South Bend.
 
...........where did Johan August go....?
This is my big brick wall...
 
 
When the father dies in 1911 it says that Emil Johansson, Johan August Johansson
and Jennie Amalia Chilberg is living " outside Sweden".




2 kommentarer:

  1. I hope a cousin finds this post and can help you answer the question about Johan August. I like your photo collage.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you, I hope so too! I would be very great!

    SvaraRadera